Website Algonquin Nursing Home of Mattawa
- Must have completed qualifying PSW program (compliant with MOHLTC LTCHA)
- Must read, write and understand English well.
- Must have a genuine interest in the care and services of residents in this nursing home.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Preference given to staff who meet MOHLTC French language designation
- Familiarity with RAI documentation
- Belief in the protection of individual’s rights and advocacy role for the resident/clients
- Commitment to the establishment of therapeutic relationships with residents and families
- Demonstrated skill in contributing to assessment of dementia, cognitive impairment and delirium, mental health, addictions and physical assessment skills and the techniques of behavioural approach and evaluation
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving approach relative to the situation within the scope of practice
- Committed to a process of continuous improvement concerning the PSW role
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to cope with change
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- Ability to facilitate and take advantage of teachable moments during the provision of care
- Ability to adapt positively and productively to changes in the work environment
- Ability to identify indicators of compassion fatigue and plan effectively for mitigation
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication skills in interacting with clients, family members and other members of inter-professional care teams, including community and primary care team members