Website G&P Welding and Ironworks
Established in 1972 G&P Welding and Ironworks has grown to service the mining, pulp & paper, transportation, drilling and exploration industries. As a family owned and professionally operated company, G&P Welding provides its clients with trilingual service in English, French, and German.
The company is certified to deliver services in both Ontario and Quebec. In addition to our core business (bridges, tanks, pressure vessels, structural steel, and miscellaneous metals), we offer a wide variety of other services and capabilities. Our two North Bay-based manufacturing plants offer a combined 60,000 square foot workspace.
We are currently seeking a permanent full time Fitter/Welder.
- Interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to specification using tools of the trade.
- Fit and weld fitted pieces together applying knowledge of geometry and make appropriate adjustments.
- Be familiar with machines such as brake press, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines. Operation of these machines would be an asset but not necessary.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc (GMAW), flux-cored arc (FCAW-MCAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame cutting equipment.
- Experience using overhead crane
- Understand instructions and carry out the tasks as required by supervision.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Follow quality assurance program.
- Exercise safe work practices at all times.
- Keep work area clean.
- Other duties as necessary
Extended health care
Employee assistance program
G&P Welding is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).