Website J&J Machine Works
J&J Machine Works is a custom manufacturer that has been operating in North Bay, Ontario since 1967. Offering diverse machining, welding & general fabrication services, and serving a large (and growing) client base, we aim to provide a “one-stop-shop” solution for our customer’s needs.
We are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist with strong conventional (general) machining skills to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. As a machinist, you’ll be reporting in-person to our Machining Supervisor at our site in North Bay, Ontario, and working on a variety of projects every day.
- Follow the directions of our Machining Supervisor
- Program & operate CNC mills and lathes
- Set up and operate conventional machining equipment
- Set up tooling & fixtures for accurate machining
- Follow standard quality control practices (ie. regularly checking dimensions & tolerances) to maintain high product quality, while operating as efficiently as possible.
- Language: Must be able to fluently speak and read English. Must have sufficient English writing skills for completing forms, etc. Knowledge of French is optional, but welcome.
- Education: Must hold a recognized regional machinist certification, equivalent to those seen in canada (such as a Red Seal endorsement)
- Experience: At least 3-5 years industry experience in CNC machining & programming, comfortable with lathes & mills, and familiar with other typical machine shop equipment.
- Applicants must possess general mechanical aptitude & math skills.
Blueprints: Must be able to read and interpret drawings, and maintain accuracy to within the tolerances specified.
- Controls: Must be familiar with CNC controls from well-known manufacturers such as Fanuc or Fagor
- Programming: Must be proficient in writing programs directly using G-code; experience programming using CAM software is an asset.
- Physical requirements: should be able to lift moderate weight (50-60 lbs) safely on occasion, and able to stand for long periods of time as required
- Must be punctual & dependable
- Must display attention to detail and pride in workmanship
- Must exhibit good time management and communication skills
- Must be able to work together with the rest of our team in a respectful, professional manner
- Must supply their own basic machinist tools
- Must provide their own transportation to & from the workplace
- Must be willing to work additional hours when requested
- Competitive wages
- Benefits (medical & dental) after introductory “probationary” period
- Optional access to employer-hosted savings plans
- Other industry-specific benefits available (safety footwear & eyewear allowances)
- We at J&J pride ourselves on a warm, family-oriented atmosphere with low turnover. Each employee is a valued member of the team; not just a number
- Good variety of work throughout the day; relatively non-repetitive
- Starting wages range from $21 and up depending on qualifications, depth of experience and diversity of skill set
- Permanent, full-time work: 40 hours per week, plus overtime
- Regular shift duration is 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, performed on-site at our North Bay location.
- Qualifying applicants will be asked to attend an interview, either in-person or remotely (via Zoom, Skype etc)
- Individuals applying from outside of Canada will need to meet additional requirements (ie. participation in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program, supported by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada) and demonstrate the ability to immigrate successfully for this position. Any and all relocation costs remain the responsibility of the applicant.