General / CNC Machinist
Website J&J Machine Works
J&J MACHINE WORKS
5 Commerce Crescent
North Bay, ON Canada
GENERAL / CNC MACHINIST POSITION
J&J Machine Works is a custom manufacturer that has been operating in North Bay, Ontario since 1967. Offering diverse machining, welding & general fabrication services, and serving a large (and growing) client base, we aim to provide a “one-stop-shop” solution for our customer’s needs.
We are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist with strong conventional (general) machining skills to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. As a machinist, you’ll be reporting in-person to our Machining Supervisor at our site in North Bay, Ontario, and working on a variety of projects every day.
- Follow the directions of our Machining Supervisor
- Program & operate CNC mills and lathes
- Set up and operate conventional machining equipment
- Set up tooling & fixtures for accurate machining
- Follow standard quality control practices (ie. regularly checking dimensions & tolerances) to maintain high product quality, while operating as efficiently as possible.
- Language: Must be able to fluently speak and read English. Must have sufficient English writing skills for completing forms, etc. Knowledge of French is optional, but welcome.
- Education: Must hold a recognized regional machinist certification, equivalent to those seen in Canada (such as a Red Seal endorsement)
- Experience: At least 3-5 years industry experience in CNC machining & programming, comfortable with lathes & mills, and familiar with other typical machine shop equipment.
- Applicants must possess general mechanical aptitude & math skills.
- Blueprints: Must be able to read and interpret drawings, and maintain accuracy to within the tolerances specified.
- Controls: Must be familiar with CNC controls from well-known manufacturers such as Fanuc or Fagor
- Programming: Must be proficient in writing programs directly using G-code; experience programming using CAM software is an asset.
- Physical requirements: should be able to lift moderate weight (50-60 lbs) safely on occasion, and able to stand for long periods of time as required
- Must be punctual & dependable
- Must display attention to detail and pride in workmanship
- Must exhibit good time management and communication skills
- Must be able to work together with the rest of our team in a respectful, professional manner
- Must supply their own basic machinist tools
- Must provide their own transportation to & from the workplace
- Must be willing to work additional hours when requested
- Competitive wages
- Benefits (medical & dental) after introductory “probationary” period
- Optional access to employer-hosted savings plans
- Other industry-specific benefits available (safety footwear & eyewear allowances)
- We at J&J pride ourselves on a warm, family-oriented atmosphere with low turnover. Each employee is a valued member of the team; not just a number
- Good variety of work throughout the day; relatively non-repetitive
- Starting wages range from $21 and up depending on qualifications, depth of experience and diversity of skill set
- Permanent, full-time work: 40 hours per week, plus overtime
- Regular shift duration is 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, performed on-site at our North Bay location.
- Qualifying applicants will be asked to attend an interview, either in-person or remotely (via Zoom, Skype etc)
- Individuals applying from outside of Canada will need to meet additional requirements (ie. participation in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program, supported by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada) and demonstrate the ability to immigrate successfully for this position. Any and all relocation costs remain the responsibility of the applicant.
If you meet the requirements noted above and feel this position may be for you, please submit your cover letter and resumé along with any references to:
Please include full contact information with your submission. Thank you!